A letter to Mr. Aquino

Dear Mr. Aquino,

I was born in early 1985, the year where democracy was killed and freedom were stolen from millions of our countrymen and with my innocent mind, I was not aware of all the violence, fear, animosity and injustices that surrounds me during those times.

People were killed, student activist were buried from the unmarked grave others just lost without a traced. Anyone who go against the administration will suffer. They were afraid that is why no one had ever tried to fight and stand for what is right, but its you and you alone have the courage to stand and lead them, its you who has the courage to speak to what is right and what is wrong. It is you who woke up the minds of many to fight without violence and blood shed. You alone.

You were imprisoned for seven years and seven months not allowed to see the stars and the moon where the only possession that you have is your faith and courage. I never witnessed your sadness, agony and the pain that you've been through but the stories written in our history doesn't lie. I owe my life to our God and to my loving parents but I know I owe you something that I can never repay, something that WE can never repay. It is the "FREEDOM" that we have right now.


You brought back the voices of the youth that had been shutted down for over 21 years. You brought back the smile in every face of our countrymen that had been threatened by violence. You brought back the faith that had been shattered. You ignite the people to retrieve the democracy that had been stolen by selfishness and most of all you save the future of our generation. Thank you very much Sir!
I know it is not too late for me to give you this letter of mine for I believe that I will see you in time. There I can hand you over this letter personally.


Sincerely yours,
Hungry mind

0 comments: